We make your transition easier.
UTSA's Graduate Pathway is designed for international students who do not meet UTSA’s English language admission requirements for their desired graduate degree program. This pathway is taken for one or two semesters before admission to your program of interest. You will participate in English language training and university skills preparation while enrolled in your chosen degree track. You will also take credit-bearing courses that can then be transferred to your master’s degree. Upon successful completion of the program requirements—as well as meeting progression requirements—you will be admitted to your graduate degree program of choice.
Select your master’s degree of interest below to see entry requirements, application deadlines, start dates, specific degree progression requirements, and curriculum.
Learn more about UTSA’s Graduate Programs
TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or Equivalent
International Pathway Program
International Pathway Certificate
Graduate Admission Requirements
Graduate Admission requirements vary by program. Please check your individual degree program for more details.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-Semester Pathway: TOEFL iBT 71 or IELTS Band Score 6.0 (required in all sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking) or Duolingo 95
- 2-Semester Pathway: TOEFL iBT 61 or IELTS Band Score 6.0 or Duolingo 90
To apply for the Graduate Pathway, you must submit the following:
- Graduate School Application: 2023-2024 and 2024-2025
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: $90
- Official TOEFL / IELTS Test Scores / Duolingo
- Passport & Confirmation of Financial Resources (after program admission)
For complete details: Graduate Admissions Checklist
For important deadlines: Graduate Application Deadline
If you need assistance with your application, contact English Language Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org
View the video guide on the application process:
Graduate Pathway Degree Tracks
We offer a 1-Semester and 2-Semester option depending on your English language level with degree tracks in the following areas: